Review: Flesh by Kylie Scott

flesh

Flesh by Kylie Scott

 

synopsis 

Ali has been hiding in an attic since civilization collapsed eight weeks ago.

When the plague hit, her neighbors turned into mindless, hungry, homicidal maniacs. Daniel has been a loner his entire life. Then the world empties and he realizes that being alone isn’t all it’s cracked up to be.

Finn is a former cop who is desperate for companionship, and willing to do anything it takes to protect the survivors around him. When the three cross paths they band together; sparks fly, romance blooms in the wasteland and Ali, Daniel and Finn bend to their very human needs in the ruins of civilization.

Lust, love and trust all come under fire in Flesh as the three band together to survive, hunted through the suburban wastelands.

NOTE: This story is rated "Hot" (4 out of 5 flames) and contains M/F/M and F/M pairings.

my-review

4 out of 5 stars

I really liked this book, it was fantastic! I’m a huge fan of paranormal so this was right up my alley.

I loved the mix of the main characters, Daniel, Ali, and Fin. I was intrigued by their interactions and attractions to one another. I felt there was a solid introduction to the story. I like that there was conflict between them throughout, it made it interesting.

I liked how Flesh was written from different points of view. On more than one occasion however, I did wish the point of view was by a different person than the one being focused on. I wanted to know what another character thought, instead of the point of view being shared. I would have been happy to read the same scene multiple times to get all three points of view.

Everything moved along at a decent pace for me, I never felt like anything dragged. At the end there was a lot going on and it felt a little rushed, probably because of all the action.

I thought this book had it all: intrigue, good chemistry between characters, major hotness, tension, anticipation, wanting, action, fighting, anxiety, mystery, longing, and smoking sex scenes!

I think the three main characters are making the most of an an incredible difficult situation. Both men want to keep Ali safe and she cares for both Daniel an Fin equally, but in different ways. They adapt to the situation at hand and do what works for them. I don’t really think it’s a story about zombies, but a story about people and how they survive and continue on during the aftermath. Zombies just happen to be involved. 

There was no cliffhanger, which was nice. An excellent read from beginning to end. There was something right at the end that I was curious about though. I know that Skin is the second book in the Flesh series so I wonder if we will meet up with Ali, Daniel, and Finn again. I hope so!

Overall I liked the dynamic of the characters and the story line. Fantastic read!

 

links

Kylie Scott | Amazon

AddtoGoodreads

 

aboutthatstory.blogspot.com