Review: The Arrangement by H. M. Ward

the arrangment 1
The Arrangement by H. M. Ward
 


synopsis
Volume 1 in the bestselling Arrangement Serials
Genre: New Adult Romance Series

FML is becoming Avery's motto. Just when she doesn't think things could get any worse, they do. When her car stalls out at a busy intersection and she gets out to check under the hood, a guy steals her car. Armed with a dress and a pair of Chucks, Avery runs after the thief. When a hot stranger offers to help, she can't say no. That's how Avery meets Sean Ferro, the totally sexy, totally damaged guy with more secrets than she has time for.

Avery doesn't have time for anything anymore. Her is life falling apart and it's not just the car. It's everything, and it doesn't matter how tightly she tries to hold on, there's nothing left to hold on to. With the sudden death of her parents, it's only a matter of months until Avery's shot at college is gone, and she's living in a cardboard box. Other students have their families to rely on when things get bad. Avery has no one.

But there's one option, one incredibly sexy, morally devoid, option. If Avery takes a job as a call girl, one guy could save her. One client. One time. She just has to say yes.

Approximately 118 pages, Kindle edition

my-review
4 out of 5 stars

I absolutely enjoyed this story. I like the characters Sean and Avery and think they have an interesting attraction one another in the beginning. It was a fun start to the series - the first chapter was an awesome!

I think Avery is a strong girl but she is struggling, and will do whatever it takes to survive because she is on her own. I immediately like her and am rooting for her. Sean is an intriguing character and I can't wait to read more of the series and learn more about him and what his deal is.

This was a short, super quick read (finished in a couple hours) but I'm totally drawn in. I'm not normally one for short stories but I loved Damaged by H. M. Ward (see my review here) and wanted to read something else by her so I gave it a try - I'm hooked!

When it ended I was totally left hanging and wanting more. Since this book is short story in a series I was expecting it, I just wasn't expecting to be so wrapped up so fast. I wish it would have been longer! Thank goodness there are a total of 8 out so far so I wont have to wait long.

An entertaining, quick read!
 

links
 
AddtoGoodreads
 

aboutthatstory.blogspot.com