Review: The Impact of You by Kendall Ryan

The Impact of You

The Impact of You by Kendall Ryan

 

synopsis

**New Adult Romance**

Needing an escape from her past, Avery chooses a college where no one knows her. Keeping a low profile was the plan, falling for the intense frat boy, Jase wasn’t. Yet she can’t deny how alive she feels when he’s near. Even as common sense implores her to stay away, her body begs her to get closer.

Jase, numb from his own family drama, has grown bored with weekends fueled by nameless girls and countless bottles when he meets Avery. Helping her cope with her past is better than dealing with the bullshit his own life’s served up. Determined to drive away the painful secret she’s guarding, he appoints himself her life coach, and challenges her to new experiences. Getting close to her and being the one to make her smile are simply perks of the job.

But when Avery’s past boldly saunters in, refusing to be forgotten, can Jase live with the truth about the girl he’s fallen for?

Recommended for 17+ due to mature themes and sexual content.

 

my-review

3.5 out of 5 stars

I thought this was a great book with a lot of emotion. I really liked Jase and Avery and enjoyed their interactions and how playful they were. Their attraction and chemistry was undeniable. I thought their conversations seemed so natural and normal and very age appropriate.

I really enjoyed that this story was written from two points of view and always looked forward to reading Jase's. I liked Avery’s too but there’s something interesting about getting inside a guys head. I liked how the intimate scenes were written and everything built up. I thought they were awesome and fit the characters perfectly under the circumstance.

As far as the other characters went, I didn’t really feel any attachment to them, they were just a part of the story so the main focus stayed on Jase and Avery. I enjoyed the secondary story of Avery being adopted, I thought it was was interesting but it's more a part of her story with Jase, not a story about being adopted.

Overall I thought the book had a good pace. The front half for me seemed a bit slow but the second half flew by and I inhaled it so I felt like it balanced out well in the end. I loved their conflicts and thought everything played out nicely.

I love how much Jase and Avery both grew and dealt with their past. I thought Avery really turned out to be such a strong person and Jase a super sweet and loving guy. I really like them together.

And… I adored the nickname Jase gave Avery. So cute! Every time he said it I think I smiled. :-)

 

links

Kendall Ryan | Amazon | Barnes and Noble | Smashwords

AddtoGoodreads

 

aboutthatstory.blogspot.com