Review: Walking Disaster (Beautiful #2) by Jamie McGuire

Walking Disaster

Walking Disaster (Beautiful #2) by Jamie McGuire

 

synopsis_thumb2

Finally, the highly anticipated follow-up to the New York Times bestseller Beautiful Disaster.

Can you love someone too much?

Travis Maddox learned two things from his mother before she died: Love hard. Fight harder.

In Walking Disaster, the life of Travis is full of fast women, underground gambling, and violence. But just when he thinks he is invincible, Abby Abernathy brings him to his knees.

Every story has two sides. In Beautiful Disaster, Abby had her say. Now it’s time to see the story through Travis’s eyes.

 

my-review_thumb1

4 out of 5 stars

I really liked this story a lot. Travis pulled on my emotions through the entire book. I try hard not to compare books bit since this follows the Beautiful Disaster story from Travis’ POV, it was hard not to. 

I loved Travis in this! His thoughts, emotions, how much he loved Abby, everything he went through was really heart-on-your-sleeve out there. I had tears in my eyes a few times (the Prologue really got to me).

I liked getting to see more of America and Shepley in this story. They were more involved in this book and had more insight into Travis than I realized.  I liked that there was more interactions with Travis and his family also. I loved them! I want to know more about his brothers (hello, Trent!). How his family was there for him was truly touching. 

At times Travis was an emotional mess that didn’t know how to deal with his feelings but seeing him grow up, try to do the right thing, and become a better man was really wonderful. I could feel his struggle and his love for Abby. Knowing all he went through was touching and heartbreaking.

Abby. I didn't really connect with her in this book like I did in Beautiful Disaster. I didn't really feel her struggle. While reading Beautiful Disaster, I could feel Travis' emotions and what he was going through, all the turmoil. I got a better read on Travis in Beautiful Disaster than I did of Abby in Walking Disaster. For me, this book was all about Travis. 

Excellent epilogue! Loved seeing that Travis and Abby were still together, how much they'd grown up and changed, and who they had become. They’re still so devoted to one another and in love. It was awesome!

Getting to know Travis more in depth made me love him and understand him even more. Even though I was missing the connection with Abby in this story, what I felt from Travis far out weights that. And then there’s the epilogue, it pushed me over the edge. Wonderful story!

 

This is one of my favorite quotes from the Beautiful series:

“To douche bags!” I said gesturing to Brad. “And to girls that break your heart.” I bowed to Abby. My throat tightened. “And to the absolute f*cking horror of losing your best friend because you were stupid enough to fall in love with her. ” ― Jamie McGuire, quote from Travis in Walking Disaster

 

links_thumb2

Jamie McGuire | Amazon | Barnes and Noble | iTunes

AddtoGoodreads_thumb1

 

You can check out my review of Beautiful Disaster here –

Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful #1) Review by About That Story

Amazon | Barnes and Noble | iTunes

 

The next book up in the Beautiful series is A Beautiful Wedding which is a novella. I am very much looking forward to more Travis and Abby.

A Beautiful Wedding (Beautiful #2.5)

Amazon | Barnes and Noble | iTunes

 

aboutthatstory

Connect with About That Story

Twitter | Facebook | Follow with Bloglovin | Follow by Email

Goodreads | Pinterest