Review: Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover

Maybe-Someday-Cover

Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover

 

synopsis_thumb2

At twenty-two years old, aspiring musician Sydney Blake has a great life: She’s in college, working a steady job, in love with her wonderful boyfriend, Hunter, and rooming with her good friend, Tori. But everything changes when she discovers Hunter cheating on her with Tori—and she is left trying to decide what to do next.

Sydney becomes captivated by her mysterious neighbor, Ridge Lawson. She can’t take her eyes off him or stop listening to the daily guitar playing he does out on his balcony. She can feel the harmony and vibrations in his music. And there’s something about Sydney that Ridge can’t ignore, either: He seems to have finally found his muse. When their inevitable encounter happens, they soon find themselves needing each other in more ways than one…

 

my-review_thumb1

4.5 out of 5 stars

This was such an incredible story. Beautifully written, heartfelt and engaging. I was hooked from the first page!

I really liked both Ridge and Sydney. They were so sweet together and had a wonderful connection. I could feel the longing and desire they had for each other. Watching them both fight their feelings had my emotions all over the place. There’s a nice I didn’t see that coming moment with Ridge and I really enjoyed how the story evolved from it. I didn't like all of Ridge’s choices but he was a great guy with a wonderful heart. I liked Sydney as well and I admired her in the beginning for staying strong with what she was going through. I loved her choice at the end and was glad she took her time and didn’t rush.

I have to say, I really liked Maggie's character and loved her attitude and the decisions she made. She’s a strong woman and I totally respected her. I liked Warren and Bridgette as well and their side story brought a bit of humor to such an emotional book.

This story was just so touching and heartwarming. My emotions ran the gamut. I was sad, anxious and irritated, I felt the jealousy and about a million other things while reading this. There were some heartbreaking moments with just the right mix of drama as well.

There’s a scene at the end when Ridge is on stage, I'm pretty sure I fell in love with him then. Loved it! Music is a HUGE part of this story and I loved how it was incorporated. I think it’s really cool that there is a soundtrack you can get to go along with the story. Hearing the songs played really gives the book an enhanced feel. The lyrics are beautiful!

There were so many scenes that felt so personal and intimate to me and they had nothing to do with sex. It's like I stopped breathing while reading. And when it comes to any sex scenes, let me just that when it comes time, it was one of the most beautiful and romantic scenes I've ever read. 

I thought this book had a good pace. There were a few parts that felt a bit drawn out for me but overall it was a excellent story with a wonderful build and I loved the story line. This was my first Coleen Hoover book and I will definitely be reading more!!!

 

links_thumb2

Purchase your copy of Maybe Someday

Amazon | Barnes and Noble | iTunes

Maybe Someday Soundtrack

Amazon | iTunes | Griffin Petterson

Connect with Colleen Hoover

Website | Facebook | Twitter

AddtoGoodreads_thumb1

 

 

g-signature-25

Connect with About That Story

Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads | Pinterest

Follow by Email | Follow with Bloglovin