Review: Tamed (Tangled #3) by Emma Chase

Tamed 3 by Emma Chase

Tamed (Tangled #3) by Emma Chase

 

synopsis_thumb2

Stop me if you’ve heard this one before: girl meets player, they fall in love, player changes his ways.

It’s a good story. But it’s not our story. Ours is a lot more colorful.

When I met Dee I knew right away that she was special. When she met me, she thought I was anything but special—I was exactly like every other guy who’d screwed her over and let her down. It took some time to convince her otherwise, but turns out I can make a convincing argument when sex is at stake.

You might know where this story’s headed. But the best part isn't where we ended up.
It’s how we got there.

TAMED goes back in time to the Tangled days. But this time around, it’s not Drew dishing out the advice and opinions—it’s his best friend Matthew, who of course is dealing with Dee Dee.

 

my-review_thumb1

5 out of 5 stars

This was flirty, fun, and fantastic! I enjoyed it from start to finish (and all the in between!).

I loved Matthews voice and perspective in this. He gave my boy Drew a run for his money. They are totally different and each have a very distinct voice but equally as entertaining and insightful. Emma Chase rocks the guys POV! Matthew was just so real, manly and sweet. His internal dialogue was so funny and I laughed out loud more times than I could count. There were a few things about his past that I didn't like but those things made him who he is today and I loved him. Delores was freaking fabulous. A strong, unique, adventurous woman that could really hold her own. I really liked her character in this, such a free spirit. 

Watching their story unfold and finding out how their relationship came to be was highly entertaining, I never would have guessed any of it. There were just so many scenes that I loved and could related too. Dee (Delores) and Matthew have such chemistry, I loved their instant attraction and flirtatiousness. Delores is a bit gun shy but I loved watching her open up. As much as I liked Dee sometimes I wasn't thrilled with her choices with Matthew, there was a lot of push and pull. I love how Matthew was right there for her, so sweet, patient, and open. So funny, lots of sexy times, a few ups and downs and a little bit of drama. A great combination!

I like that this story overlapped with Tangled but I'm glad it wasn't a recap, it was 100% Matthew and Dee’s story. Drew and Kate's relationship was touched upon but nothing was given away. If anything, reading this makes me want to reread Tangled. I also liked that we got to see more Billy Warren and to know what certain things were like from his perspective. I think Billy needs his own story. It was also nice to see how Matthew was there for Drew while he had "the flu" also.

I really liked all the secondary characters as well. McKenzie is just priceless and I love how all the guys seem to be putty in her hands. She’s got some great one-liners. I also loved Dee and Alexandra's first meeting, that was pretty epic. There were several references in this book that had me cracking up. Matthew commentary while watching Steel Magnolias had me laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes. There's also a Fifty Shades reference that's classic. Dee’s mom, Matthews parents, I liked them all! 

Solid story with good pacing, it all played out really well. It was a light book that made me laugh with a nice amount of hot times and just a bit of drama. An enjoyable and excellent read! Matthew and Dee are great characters. Loved their story. :-)

Complimentary copy received for honest review.

 

links_thumb2

Purchase your copy of Tamed

Amazon | Barnes and Noble | iTunes

Connect with the Emma Chase

Website | Facebook | Twitter

AddtoGoodreads_thumb1

 

Other books in the TANGLED series

Tangled 1 by Emma ChaseTwisted 2 by Emma ChaseTied-by-Emma-Chase

Tangled (#1) | Twisted (#2) | Tied (#4)

My review of Tangled | My review of Twisted

Tied has an expected release date of October 7, 2014

 

 

g-signature-2

Connect with About That Story

Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads | Pinterest

Follow by Email | Follow with Bloglovin | Follow with NetworkedBlogs