Review: No Weddings by Kat Bastion with Stone Bastion

1-NoWeddings_Cover

No Weddings (No Weddings #1)

by Kat Bastion with Stone Bastion

 

synopsis_thumb2

Award-winning author Kat Bastion teams with her husband, Stone Bastion, in this first book in the No Weddings Series about Cade Michaelson, a successful man with his sights set on a new venture in business, and Hannah Martin, the woman who makes it personal.

I think I have my act together as a successful bar owner, my master’s degree within reach, and a list of no-strings-attached women warming my bed. Turns out, I don’t.

Hannah believes she has safeguarded her wounded heart by shunning men and focusing on her new baking business. The thing is, she hasn’t.

When my three sisters and I form an event-planning business with Hannah as our baker, I have no idea how my life is about to change. As Hannah and I work closely together, the attraction between us becomes irresistible. And complicated. I’ve promised my sisters I wouldn’t mix business with pleasure. But I’ve never been one to follow the rules.

 

my-review_thumb1

4 out of 5 stars

I really enjoyed this story. It was told from Cade's POV and I always love a guys perspective. 

I really liked Cade and Hannah a lot. They had an interesting first meeting and I liked getting to know more about them. They were fun and flirty and I loved their interactions and banter. They have a slow build in their relationship but it was great to see their friendship and attraction grow. I loved the sexual tension and innuendo, that was fun! They both had past issues to overcome and it was sad learning about them and I understood why they were so cautious as they moved forward. It was really nice to see them open up and let their guard down. 

I loved Cade with his sisters. When they're all together they were entertaining fun. I found myself looking forward to those scenes. His sisters were sweet and supportive and I like the connection they all shared.

I liked the overall story line and where it was going but I thought it had a slow start and was bit drawn out. The pacing was slightly off for me. There was a little drama towards the end which was nice to have. Good imagery and descriptions throughout. I was kind of bummed that Cade and Hannah hadn’t progressed more in their relationship by the end of the book but that gives me something to look forward to with the next book, One Funeral.

All in all, I thought it was a really excellent start to the series with interesting and likable characters. It was a sweet story about learning to trust again and moving forward.

Complimentary copy received for honest review.

 

links_thumb2

Purchase your copy of No Weddings

Amazon | Barnes and Noble | iTunes

Connect with Kat and Stone Bastion

Kat and Stone Bastion’s Blog | Kat and Stone Bastion’s Website

Facebook | Kat on Twitter | Stone on Twitter

AddtoGoodreads_thumb1

 

Other books in the NO WEDDINGS series

One Funeral 2Two Bar Mitzvahs 3Three Christmases 4

One Funeral (No Weddings #2)Available for pre-order

Two Bar Mitzvahs (No Weddings #3) | Three Christmases (No Weddings #4)

 

 

g-signature-2

Connect with About That Story

Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads | Pinterest

Follow by Email | Follow with Bloglovin | Follow with NetworkedBlogs