Review: Promise Me This (Between Breaths #4) by Christina Lee

Promise Me This

Promise Me This (Between Breaths #4) by Christina Lee

 

synopsis_thumb2

A new love will test the boundaries of passion between a privileged boy next door and the tattooed, blue-haired girl who helps him embrace his wild side...

Nate has developed quite a playboy reputation around campus. It's not that he doesn't respect or trust women; he doesn't trust himself. The men in Nate’s family are prone to abusive behavior—a dirty secret that Nate’s been running from his entire life—so Nate doesn't do relationships. But he can’t help himself around one girl…

Jessie is strong, independent, and works at a tattoo parlor. Nate can’t resist getting close to her, even if it’s strictly a friendship. But it doesn't take long for Nate to admit that what he wants with Jessie is more than just friendly.

With Jessie, he can be himself and explore what he’s always felt was a terrifying darkness inside him. Even when Nate begins to crave her in a way that both shocks and horrifies him, Jessie still wants to know every part of him. Testing their boundaries together will take a trust that could render them inseparable… or tear them apart.

 

my-review_thumb1

4 out of 5 stars

This was a great story and I really enjoyed it. :-)

Nate and Jessie are both really likeable characters and I loved how they came together. This is told from dual POV’s so it was nice getting inside both their heads. Nate is so sweet but he has a lot of past issues that are pretty heavy that he’s dealing with. It made for some really sad moments and I felt for him. There was definitely a big internal struggle there you could feel. I liked Jessie a lot, she was a strong girl with a good head on their shoulders. Even though this was about their growing relationship, I felt there was more focus on Nate than Jessie.

They seemed to be complete opposites but I thought they were a great fit with really good chemistry. They had some great flirty moments and I liked their teasing with one another. It helped to provide some lighter moments. I thought there relationship developed nicely, loved those times when Nate opens up and you could feel their attraction and I definitely loved their heat.

I really liked the storyline, though I did see some things coming. I thought there was good development throughout, it was a fast paced, smooth read with mild drama. It all moves along nicely and Nate’s growth seems easy, without a huge amount of struggle. Considering the content I might have thought there would have been a bit more drama and complexity but I still really liked it and didn’t necessarily feel like it was missing, I just thought there would have been more. I felt invested and caught up in their story. I loved that characters from other stories intersected and enjoyed all their interactions. The ending was really sweet and I loved the conclusion. Great read!

Complimentary copy received for honest review.

 

links_thumb2

Purchase your copy of Promise Me This

Amazon US | Amazon UK | Barnes and Noble | iTunes

Connect with Christina Lee

Website | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Goodreads

AddtoGoodreads_thumb1

 

Other books in the BETWEEN BREATHS series

All of You by Christina LeeBefore You BreakWhisper To Me

All of You (#1) | Before You Break (#2) | Whisper to Me (#3)

My Reviews:

All of You (#1) | Before You Break (#2) | Whisper to Me (#3)

 

 

g-signature-2

Connect with About That Story

Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads | Pinterest

Follow by Email | Follow with Bloglovin | Follow with NetworkedBlogs