Review: RIPPED (Real #5) by Katy Evans

RIPPED

RIPPED (Real #5) by Katy Evans

 

synopsis_thumb2

Every woman wants me--except the one I sing for.

Seattle shakes with anticipation: they call it the concert of the year. They say girls are getting pregnant just thinking about my band being in town.

But when you love a girl, you don't leave her with nothing but a ring and a promise. Any man with half a brain should know.

So what did I expect my girl would do when she saw me again?

Well, for starters, she loathes our music. Particularly the song I wrote about her.

When I sing it, the stadium is in an uproar. Thousands of fans scream my name like I'm a god--but yeah, not her. Crystal clear: the girl's not happy to see me.

Black hair, black boots, a bad attitude, that's her -- Pandora Stone is a freaking man-eater and she's out for my blood.

That's alright.

Let her come at me. Because I'm out for her heart and, this time, there's no way she can stop me.

 

my-review_thumb1

4 out of 5 stars

This was such a great story, angsty and sexy! I loved the that it was told from dual POV's. It was great getting into both the main characters heads. I was hooked from the beginning!

Pandora is such an intriguing character because she's just so jaded and hurt from things that happened in her past. I liked learning all her history and watching her really evolve and grow. I’m a sucker for a character that truly finds themselves. I liked her and understood her but sometimes that attitude and shield were a bit to much for me and I couldn’t wait for her to break, I clung onto her moments of vulnerability and wished there would have been more of those with Mackenna. Now Mackenna Jones, I pretty much loved him. He was just this awesome bad boy but sweet rocker guy. Mackenna had all these wonderful moments and things he did throughout that made me rather melty.

Pandora and Mackenna together… talk about serious animosity! They’re combustible with sexual tension and attraction. It’s like they had an insatiable pull to one another. I loved their sexy times but some of the wordage for their sexcapades was strange to me at times. That being said, it was still super HOT and I loved them together!

I loved the details of their past history and the little flashbacks that were shared as well. There were two things I saw coming (the second I was guessing at but had a big "I knew it moment" when I was right) but it still made for a great story. There was lots of tension and bits of turmoil throughout but I never felt like there was any major drama, I felt like with all that animosity there would have been more. I’m a big fan of epilogues and this one was nice but the last tiny bit was kind of off for me. It left me wanting to know what happens next.

Overall, I thought this was a great read and I definitely would recommend it. Interesting characters that pull you in, lots of sexy to keep things nice and hot, and a story that keeps you invested!

Complimentary copy received for honest review.

 

about-the-author_thumb2

Katy Evans grew up with books and book-boyfriends until she found a real sexy boyfriend to love. They married and are now hard at work on their own happily ever after. Katy loves her family and friends, and she also loves reading, walking, baking, and being consumed by her characters until she reaches “The End.” Which is, hopefully, only the beginning…

 

links_thumb2

Purchase your copy of RIPPED

Amazon US | Amazon UK | B&N | iTunes | IndieBound

Connect with Katy Evans

Website | Facebook | Twitter

AddtoGoodreads_thumb1

 

Other books in the REAL series

realMine by Katy EvansREMY by Katy EvansRogue

REAL (#1)Amazon US | Amazon UK | My Review

MINE (#2) - Amazon US | Amazon UK | My Review

REMY (#3) - Amazon US | Amazon UK | My Review

ROGUE (#4) - Amazon US | Amazon UK | My Review

 

Ripped Tour

 

g-signature-2

Connect with About That Story

Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads | Pinterest

Follow by Email | Follow with Bloglovin | Follow with NetworkedBlogs