Review: Just One Night (Just One Night #1) by Kyra Davis

Just One Night

Just One Night (Just One Night #1) by Kyra Davis

 

synopsis_thumb2

In this New York Times bestselling erotic enovella trilogy, a buttoned-up businesswoman takes her friend’s advice and has a fling with a stranger on a trip to Vegas—only to find herself under his mysterious, sexy power both in the boardroom and the bedroom.

Kasie Fitzgerald knows who she’s supposed to be. She’s a rising-star-workaholic at a global consulting firm. She’s the fiancée of a well-connected man who’s won the approval of her parents. People know that she’s reliable, serious, proper, cautious, pragmatic, and yes, a little predictable. She’s who Dave and her family want her to be.

But as her thirtieth birthday looms, buried feelings begin to resurrect. Her friend takes her to Vegas for one last wild and crazy night. In a dress much shorter and sexier than anything she has ever dared to wear before, she hits the blackjack tables. And meets him. Under the tailored clothes it’s clear that this is a man who is intense, powerful, and maybe even a little dangerous. With a touch of trepidation she accepts his invitation to get a drink, and before long, she’s in his hotel room.

She never gets his full name. Perhaps his anonymity is one of the reasons she’s able to give herself over to him and to the moment so completely.Perhaps it’s why she’s just had the most exquisite and passionate sex of her life. Shaken by her own behavior, Kasie tries to chalk it up to one crazy night. But when the mysterious gentleman she’s just had a fling with shows up in her office—as the CEO of a firm her company does a billion dollars of business with a year, demanding that she handle his account, and so much more—things will never be the same again. And there’s no telling where this will go…

 

my-review_thumb1

3 out of 5 stars

Overall I liked this story. It started out great, super hot! I was intrigued by everything and into Kassie and Robert’s relationship and the drama created with her fiancé Dave. I thought it had a great build but about half way through it started to drag a bit and certain things got to be a bit over the top for me.

It bounced between me really liking it and me having some issues. I would go back and forth between loving Kassie and Robert and not liking them and being super frustrated with them. I loved Robert in the beginning and wanted to know all about him. He was such a mystery and I clung on to everything I learned. By the end however, I felt like he was very surface, I wish he would have had more depth.

It's very much about power, seduction, and self discovery and some parts were awesome, I was hooked and couldn’t read fast enough. Others parts, unfortunately fell flat. It was super hot and sexy and I got their connection in the beginning but it started to dwindle for me at the end.

So basically, I liked it but I had issues with it.  I wanted answers, I liked what I got but wish it would have been more. It might have just been me at the time, being put off by things that I wasn’t connecting with. I did like it enough that I’d recommend it and will continue on with the next book in the series when it comes out.

All in all, a good read!

 

links_thumb2

Purchase your copy of Just One Night

Amazon US | Amazon UK | Barnes and Noble | iTunes

Connect with Kyra Davis

Website | Facebook | Twitter | Author on Amazon

AddtoGoodreads_thumb1

 

Other books in the JUST ONE NIGHT Series

Just Once MoreJust One Lie

Just Once More (#1.5)Amazon US | Amazon UK | Releases June 22, 2015

Pre-order for Just Once More is currently FREE in the US at time of posting

Just One Lie (#2)Amazon US | Amazon UK | Releases July 27, 2015

 

 

g-signature-2

Connect with About That Story

Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads | Pinterest

Follow by Email | Follow with Bloglovin | Follow with NetworkedBlogs