Review: Hard As It Gets (Hard Ink #1) by Laura Kaye

Hard As It Gets

Hard As It Gets (Hard Ink #1) by Laura Kaye

 

synopsis_thumb2

Tall, dark, and lethal...

Trouble just walked into Nicholas Rixey's tattoo parlor. Becca Merritt is warm, sexy, wholesome--pure temptation to a very jaded Nick. He's left his military life behind to become co-owner of Hard Ink Tattoo, but Becca is his ex-commander's daughter. Loyalty won't let him turn her away. Lust has plenty to do with it too.

With her brother presumed kidnapped, Becca needs Nick. She just wasn't expecting to want him so much. As their investigation turns into all-out war with an organized crime ring, only Nick can protect her. And only Becca can heal the scars no one else sees.

Desire is the easy part. Love is as hard as it gets. Good thing Nick is always up for a challenge..

 

my-review_thumb1

4.5 out of 5 stars

Fantastic book. Great love story mixed with mystery and intrigue with a nice balance between both.

I loved Nick and Becca. Nick had a sexy, hard exterior with a wonderful heart, definitely the strong, silent type but really sweet. Becca was awesome! She was a strong woman who didn’t take crap and stood up for herself and the ones she loved. I think Becca is an excellent female lead.

Nick and Becca had a huge attraction one another and there was a nice build to them connecting. Great chemistry mixed with lots of sexual tension. I love that there was no game playing between the two of them, it was refreshing.

I really enjoyed all of Nick’s friends, the guys who were with him on the Special Forces team. They all have distinct personalities and I'm interested to know more about their backgrounds. I am excited this is the first book in a series and we will get to see more of them. 

Excellent ending! There was drama throughout but the end was jam packed and I was on the edge of my seat, it was intense. Because it is the first in the series, some questions were left unanswered but I assume it will tie into the next books.This book was a great introduction to the series! 

I enjoyed the descriptive writing and details, I was really pulled in. There were lots of sexy times as well as sweet, tender moments and I enjoyed it all. I also liked the added element of the dog. The overall story had lots of intensity and emotion which had my breath hitching and heart stopping on several occasions!

There were a few - just a few - times that I thought things were a little drawn out but I was so into the story I just went with it. What few slow times there were are far outweighed by the intensity and drama. It was an excellent story! 

I am officially a fan of Laura Kaye! Can’t wait for the next one. :-)

 

links_thumb2

Purchase your copy of Hard As It Gets

Amazon US | Amazon UK| Barnes and Noble | iTunes

Connect with Laura Kaye

Website | Facebook | Twitter

AddtoGoodreads_thumb1

 

Book 2 in the series, Hard As You Can, has a release date of February 25, 2014. You can preorder it here -

Hard As You Can

Pre-order Hard As You Can (Hard Ink #2)

Amazon | Barnes and Noble | iTunes

 

 

aboutthatstory

Connect with About That Story

Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads | Pinterest

Follow by Email | Follow with Bloglovin