Book Review: The Gamble (Colorado Mountain #1) by Kristen Ashley

This was such a fantastic story and a great introduction to the Colorado Mountain series. Emotion, drama, heat, love... The Gamble had it all!


Book Review: The Gamble (Colorado Mountain #1) by Kristen Ashley | About That Story
The Gamble (Colorado Mountain #1) by Kristen Ashley


synopsis_thumb2_thumb
Nina Sheridan’s on a timeout adventure in the Colorado Mountains. She needs distance from her clueless fiancé, distance to decide whether she wants to spend the rest of her life with a man who doesn’t care enough to learn how she takes her coffee.

Arriving in a blinding snowstorm at the A-Frame she rented, she comes face to face with the most amazing man she’s ever seen. Minutes later, when he kicks her out of his house, she goes head to head with him.

Beyond angry because she’s flown half a world away to start her timeout adventure, not to mention her sinuses hurt, she heads back down the mountain and ends up in a ditch. Unable to extricate herself, she gives up, hopes for rescue and falls asleep in the backseat.

The next morning she wakes up in the amazing man’s bed and she’s sick as a dog.

Holden Maxwell spends days nursing her back to health and then he spends the next two weeks trying to convince her to take her Colorado adventure further, in other words, make it permanent and take a gamble on him.

Nina has a tough time fighting her attraction to Max, especially when it seems all Max’s friends, her mother and stepdad and the whole town want them together and both she and Max get embroiled in the murder of Max’s ex-friend and the town of Gnaw Bone’s most detested resident – a man everyone has motive to kill, especially Max.


review_thumb2_thumb
5 out of 5 stars
 
This was an amazingly full story filled with great characters, emotion, growth, love and a whole lot of sexy Colorado Mountain Man!
 
This baby was long but I was consumed by it. It started with an entertaining animosity between Nina and Max and I was pulled in. Max was so sweet and I loved how he was there for her. Nina was great, I loved her attitude, how strong she was, and I liked her challenging ways. The chemistry and tension those two had going on was immense.
 
There were so many wonderful moments throughout. Sweet, caring, and loving, it really pulled at my heart. There was also a who-done-it element that had me totally invested. There was just so much that happened and I loved it all. Well written and detailed, excellent character development and great imagery. 
 
This story had just about everything. Drama, intensity, sexiness, anxiety, and a bit of refreshing humor. There was an excellent cast of well developed characters and I loved how they all intertwined. It was just a beautiful story and I lost days to it because I couldn't put it down. It had an action packed ending and I think I went through every possible emotion and ended with happy tears from the beautiful epilogue. 
 
It was just wonderful! Honestly, I felt emotionally drained when I finished because it just made me feel so much. It was just an amazing read. Even though it was long, it was a full, engaging story and it never felt drawn out because it had this wonderful build to it and a incredible happily ever after.
 
 
links
Purchase your copy of The Gamble
Connect with the Kristen Ashley
Add The Gamble to Goodreads


other-books-in-the-series
The Gamble (Colorado Mountain Series Book 1) by [Ashley, Kristen] Sweet Dreams (Colorado Mountain Series Book 2) by [Ashley, Kristen] Lady Luck (Colorado Mountain Series Book 3) by [Ashley, Kristen] Breathe (Colorado Mountain Series Book 4) by [Ashley, Kristen]
Jagged (Colorado Mountain Series Book 5) by [Ashley, Kristen] Kaleidoscope (Colorado Mountain Series Book 6) by [Ashley, Kristen] Bounty (Colorado Mountain Series Book 7) by [Ashley, Kristen]
The Gamble (#1) Amazon | My Review
Sweet Dreams (#2) - Amazon | My Review
Lady Luck (#3) Amazon | My Review
Breathe (#4) Amazon | My Review
Jagged (#5) - Amazon | My Review
Kaleidoscope (#6) - Amazon | My Review
Bounty (#7) Amazon | My Review



g-signature-24
Don’t want to miss another post? Subscribe to this blog by email.
aboutthatstory